Sunday, December 13, 2009

What Have I learned in Pune?

1. If you prctice 3 hours a day what you have been taught in class you do improve.

2. I am terrible at forward bends and it is ingorant to push myself beyond "my limit" if I'm unable to maintain the extension, sacrificing the entegrity of the pose.

3. Americans appear to have a huge number of excellent teachers compared to other parts of the world and our students shine.

4. We are lucky at BKS. Some students I've met here don't know how to use the ropes or other props because their studios don't have them and have not had the benefit of studying with senior teachers on a regular basis.

5. There is nothing to fear in coming to Pune. I've had a lot of help from the senior Indian teachers who are wonderful.

6. Yoga is not a physical exercise and it's goal is not to make us fit or remove aches and pains. The reality of life is pain. (Geeta says this frequently. )

No comments:

Post a Comment